The Unicare Health website (www.unicarehealth.com.au) is owned and maintained by Unicare Health, ABN 91 706 126 935.
- We appreciate that you may have certain concerns about how personal information is collected, used and shared. We can assure you that we will always handle your personal information, confidentially, securely, and carefully. Among other things, we comply with all applicable Australian privacy laws.
Collection of Information
- Some information provided to us by customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. We collect information so that we can provide you with a great service. We need this information to deliver products and services to you, to complete transactions on your behalf and to better understand your requirements and preferences. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information that Unicare Health collects includes:
- names including business names;
- contact details;
- financial information and information about credit history (for credit customers)
- In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Unicare Health:
- If you contact Unicare Health, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- When you apply for and/or establish and/or access an account or order a product;
- When you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds;
- When you submit your e-mail address to our website mailing list;
- When you place an order on our website to purchase goods we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details);
- Financial information that is collected via the website is used by Unicare Health to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is kept securely and held on secure servers on our premises.
- At or before the time the personal information is collected by us, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
- We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance) – that is, to carry on our business and provide services to our customers. We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way (e.g. major delivery companies, mail houses and third-party fulfilment contractors). This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or with your permission.
- In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- Where you have requested a service (e.g. furniture installation, assembly or product rental) and we are required to disclose the information to the third party in order to facilitate the provision of the service.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
- You have the option of dealing with Unicare Health anonymously. However, this only applies where it is practicable for Unicare Health to deal with you acting anonymously or under a pseudonym, such as a general enquiry.
- As part of Unicare Health’s functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, Unicare Health may use personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of direct marketing. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, sending to you and/or contacting you in relation to promotions and information about Unicare Health’s products and services. Generally, we will do so where you have expressed your interest to receive such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by using the opt-out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication.
- Unicare Health has no control over the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this site via hyperlinks or banner advertising. Please take care at all times to check whose site you are visiting.
Security and storage
- We will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely. After all, it is in our interests to make sure you feel confident shopping with us.
- Only authorised team members have access to our customers’ personal information. Their access is subject to strict controls and procedures.
- Our e-commerce sites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted. Our SSL technology is the industry standard in Internet security.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, Unicare Health cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Unicare Health receives your transmission, it makes every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
- Unicare Health retains the information you provide to us, to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers on our premises.
Access to and correction of personal information
- Unicare Health is committed to and takes reasonable steps to maintain accurate, timely, relevant, complete and appropriate information about our customers and website users.
- You may request access to personal information about you held by Unicare Health. Requests for access to your personal information should be made to:
Unicare Health – Head Office
29 Alexandra Place
BENTLEY WA 6102
Telephone: 1800 656 654
- Verification of identity is required with a request to access (or update) personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
- Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice from you.
- If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
- Unicare Health will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time frame.
- A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer when you use our website. This information does not personally identify you. It simply tells us what areas of our website your computer has visited. It also tells us if you have selected a product and put it in your shopping basket, it does not tell us your personal identity unless you are registered with us.
- When you visit the Unicare Health site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you an improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website.